Sickness and Medical Policies
- I will care for children with a minor sniffle but I will not if they are vomiting, have diarrhea or a fever. I will provide a refund if you do not bring your child because they are sick with any of these things, so please refrain from bringing them if they have any of those symptoms. If you knowingly bring your child with any of these things, you will not receive a refund as it is clearly stated here that I do not accept children who are sick with these conditions unless they are already in my care due to the health risk to other children and me.**
- If during the course of the day, your child develops a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting, I will call you no matter what but I will not require you to come get the child from my care unless the child has vomited or had diarrhea more than once or their fever gets above 100. Before any of those things occurs, I will simply put the child in a quiet place for them to read a book or do some quiet activity.
- If your child needs medicine on a regular or a one-time basis, I ask that you write out the instructions for dosage and time on a piece of paper with their name on it.
- If your child has allergies or asthma, I need them written down with an action plan as to what to do in case of an allergy or asthma attack.
- I will accept children who have disabilities as long as I have a written plan of action to deal with certain problems that may come up relating to their disability, behavioral or otherwise.
**NOTE: THE CHILDCARE CONTRACT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED IF THE PARENT GIVES AN ILL CHILD A LARGE DOSE OF SUPPRESSANT TO MASK A FEVER OR ILLNESS! PLEASE COMMUNICATE THIS TO ALL IT PERTAINS TO, SUCH AS OTHER NANNIES, GRANDPARENTS, ETC!**